What the episode covers
On the website of our guest, esilva.net, it's called “co-design organizational and technical systems to maximize impact”. We think there is so much to explore in these words Sociotechnical Architecture so we asked Eduardo to join this show.
We discuss what it is and also, why it is fundamental to maximize the impact of our products and the teams building & owning them. We discuss the 5 traits:
- Conway's Law
- Team Cognitive Load
- Team Boundaries & Interrelations
- Continuous Discovery & Delivery in Team
- Understand your context & Design based on that
And to make it tangible, we discuss this topic based on the great example Eduardo uses on his website as well: 'the restaurant' and we relate to examples within the bol.com tech community.
- Eduardo da Silva; Technical Leader & Sociotechnical Software Architect at bol.com and friend of the show.
- Blog and link to Spaces Summit video on Sociotechnical Architecture
- Why and What of Sociotechnical Architecture
- Traits and Strategies of Sociotechnical Architecture