Shifting gears to maximize your personal productivity
Season 2020, Episode 58
Welcome back after the summer holidays! Hope you were able to enjoy an awesome break. We took some time to prepare some great podcast episodes for you. Holidays, always a nice moment to reflect on things. One of the things might be your personal development and productivity.
What the episode covers
Saying yes to too many things, do these things add to my personal development, how do you keep track on all these commitments, how do you ensure you don’t drown and eventually don’t be productive at all. Sounds familiar to you these questions? Keep listening, we dive into the personal experiences with the two guests of the show.
We discuss some nice statements on personal productivity:
- If I am invited for a meeting and I don’t know my value/contribution I skip the meeting.
- I say “Yes” too easily so I need a strict WoW that helps and remind me to say no.
- There’s no I in a team but there’s an I in Winner (Team over Person or not?).
- Tools like GTD, Pomodoro etc are all useless. The only thing that matters is self-discipline.
- Bart Enkelaar; Software Engineer and SRE advocate in bol.com and external speaker and friend of the show (SRE during spaces summit 2019)
- Eduardo da Silva; Technical Leader & (Socio-technical) Software Architect at bol.com and friend of the show to be…. Stay tuned.
Your personal Northstar
Getting Real, by Basecamp
Share your personal goals in the team goals: Team Canvas
Gamify your life and reach your personal goals with Habitica
Write, plan and get organized with Notion.so