In this episode, we virtually visit the AI for Retail Lab and dive with two members into the world of recommendations. The AI for Retail (AIR) Lab Amsterdam is a joint UvA-Ahold Delhaize industry lab and conducts research into socially responsible algorithms aimed at the retail domain. Think of developing models for recommendations and managing goods flows. The research, testing and application of the models take place in Albert Hein Delhaize and bol.com.
What the episode covers
- What is the AIRLab (Artificial Intelligence Research Lab) and what is it trying to achieve?
- PHD projects?
- How does science profit from business involvement and the other way around?
- We take a deep dive into recommendations
- What is being researched?
- Why is this important?
- What is the hypothesis?
- What has been discovered so far?
- Explore the approach to the research.
- How can both business and academia benefit from this research?
- Barrie Kersbergen – Recommendations bol.com & PhD Candidate at AI for Retail LAB
- Sebastian Schelter – Assistant Professor at the University of Amsterdam
Peter Paul van de Beek
- AIRLab research papers
- Earlier episode on the gathering of measuring data. The feedback loop for recommendations