The data-driven approach to supporting products with KPIs and OKRs
Season 2021, Episode 80
Supporting products with KPI's and OKR's We had previous episodes on how bol.com is moving to a product organization. In this one, we’ll dive into how to measure the success of these products and set objectives for them. Including measuring whether we are getting the desired results.
What the episode covers
Being the data-driven company that we want to be we asked our data people to help us to get the right KPI’s for all our product and support the products in defining proper OKR's.
Data availability should never be an excuse to not start KPI's or OKR's - Frans Poldervaart
We came with a team to support products with KPI's and OKR's. One of the recurring themes is the difference between KPI's and Key Results and what their relation is to metrics. If you want to know more about that topic, check this video.
What will we explore?
- Some context first. What are domains, products, OKR's and KPI's.
- What is a product KPI and a product OKR?
- What is the difference between OKRs and KPIs?
- What is the Product KPI and OKR program about?
- How do you set OKR's?
- How do we support our teams with this?
- 6 elements of a data driven team.
- Data culture.
- What does this support look like?
- Data maturity model.
- What did we achieve?
- Data coaching toolbox.
- Willem Bekkers – BI specialist and Data Coach – involved in eg our measurability month.
- Frans Poldervaart – BI specialist and Data Coach, who thinks he is over-exposed and a big fan of the Hoi Anh food truck. Loves sharing all kinds of data thingies on bol.com.
- There will be an upcoming episode on data literacy framework.
- OKR Guide
- KPI = Key Performance Indicators
- OKR = Objective and Key Results