During the recording of this episode, we are in the week of Black Friday. An exciting week for people hunting for bargains. And also for a lot of our colleagues.
What the episode covers
Whether that is from a commercial point of view or an engineering one.
All the eyeballs on our website, bring a lot of traffic. And consequential a lot of load on our systems. In this episode, we focus on one aspect of preparing for a large load: Load Testing. In this episode, we are going to talk about Load Testing with Locust. An open-source load testing tool.
Triggered by our guest's presentation during the spaces summit, we wanted to know more about this and share it with you.
- What is Locust?
- Why did we start using Locust for Load Testing?
- Examples of Load tests and Performance tests performed with this tool
- What did we need to setup for it?
- How to configure your Locust tests
- How to run your tests on Kubernetes
- What were the challenges?
- How does it make use of the cloud benefits like scalability?
- Leon van Wijk; Full Stack Software Engineer at Craftsmen and engineer in our Logistics Team
- Distributed load testing with Locust
- Locust presentation at the Spaces Summit
- Performance testing the Chat App