With 2 of our engineers, we look into how we keep enhancing the quality of our webshop using canary testing and analysis, contract testing and end-to-end testing in isolation.
What the episode covers
We have quite some communities within bol.com. One of those focuses on quality. For this episode, we invited 2 engineers from this community to share some of our latest developments on this topic. They share their knowledge and experience with canary testing and analysis, contract testing and end-to-end testing in isolation.
We go over questions like:
- What is canary used for?
- What is a canary deployment?
- When should end to end testing be done?
- What is End 2 End test?
- How do you perform end to end testing?
- What is the purpose of doing end to end testing?
- Sonja Nesic; Test Engineer in the buying domain
- Ronald Nikkels; Test engineers in the buying domain
Ronald shared a link to a meetup/youtube video: Pactflow and Cypress (End-to-end Tests in Isolation using API contracts with Cypress and Pactflow).
Sonja shared an article in the quality community about Deployment Validation and Graceful Degradation at Pinterest.