On Monday the 3rd of July we would like to welcome you to join our Java practice.
What to expect:
17:30 – 18:30 Walk-in
18:00 Food & drinks
18:30 Let’s do some exercises!
21:30 Wrapping up
Food-wise bol.com has organized a buffet for non-vegetarian and vegetarian, with enough drinks/beers for the whole evening 🙂
Our colleague, Patrick, has three type of exercises ready. As a group we will decide at the beginning of the evening which one we want to do. The exercises are:
- Introduction into Testing, with JUnit 5 (JUnit 5 is the new major version of the programmer-friendly testing framework JUnit, for Java 8)
- Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Clean Code – Naming and Functions
All exercises are a combination of theory, (short) videos and practice.
The sources will be shared during the session
- Java JDK 8 must be installed, please make sure you have it installed beforehand! (The exercises won’t work without it!)
- Basic Java syntax and basic programming knowledge is required. If you can write if- and for-statements, assign variables and know what classes and methods are, you should be able to do these exercises