In the bol.com Tech Community, we get quite some questions on how we build a great engineering culture. Mid-March 2021 the hosts of our podcast joined the Hackages podcast which was live recorded with almost 100 attendees. They shared their experiences and answered many questions from the audience. Hackages is a community based platform to help developers and businesses grow and empower each other through content, training and consultancy services
In bol.com we believe that autonomy of the teams brings the creativity, knowledge and craftmanship needed to build the leading retail tech platform.
In this podcast Peter and Peter Paul answered questions like:
- How do you define the engineering culture at bol.com?
- What initiatives do you have to align the goals of the teams in a growing organization like yours?
- How do you deal with different mindsets?
- What kind of activities do you organize or processes do you have to maintain your engineering culture?
- Could you elaborate on the way you balance new features and dealing with Tech Debt?
- What do you look for in a job interview to check whether someone fits in the bol.com Tech culture?
- What makes a good engineering team?
- How do you motivate an engineering team?
- How can I improve engineering?
Check the answers to all these questions and more:
No time to watch right now? Subscribe to our podcast and list to our stories when it suites you best.
Not able to watch the video? Follow this link for the transcription